Thursday, November 04, 2010

Close shave

This morning, with an exam to rush for and a headache from lack of sleep, the last thing i wanted was to end up in a stupid squabble.

But unlucky i was, i flagged down a Comfort cab with a crazy driver. he repeatedly asked to confirm my destination for 4 times, which by then i couldn't be bothered to reply and just nodded at him from the rear view mirror. crazy driver went on to pass rude childish remarks like "you not happy is it" "i cannot ask is it". throughout his absurd behavior, all i did was look at him from the rear view mirror, exasperated. frankly speaking, never in my whole life had i encountered such an insane driver.

What kind of service attitude is this?! i'm not asking for much, except for him to just give me some peace. we were in the middle of a traffic light junction when he started shouting and insisted i get off the cab immediately.

With no other option left, i opened the passenger side door all ready to alight with one leg out of the car when an oncoming lorry slammed into the door. frankly speaking, i admire my courage. the whole accident happened right in my face but i actually continued to make my way out as if nothing had happened. all i had in mind at that point of time was to be on time for my Accounting & Finance exam. WTF.

The whole drama which continued from thereafter is totally irrelevant. i have already lodge a complaint with Comfortdelgro and this whole incident is under investigation. it will be plain ridiculous if they decide their driver is not at fault and slap me with an insurance claim. they claim Comfort is committed to encouraging road safety behavior among cabbies, so how do they explain the behavior of this particular driver? who in the right mind would demand their passenger alight in the middle of the road.

I am lucky to still be able to sit in front of my computer now, relating the whole accident that had happened this morning. to still be able to enjoy the joys of living. to still be very alive and kicking. but first, i have to settle this case. #%$&@&#&%$!!

2 comments:

Albert said...

At least you're still safe now. Keep the complaint going on

Unknown said...

Wah , if it's me I'll open the door and leave the cab without closing ^^

Seriously lah , I've never encounter this kind of people before.

But if I did , they'd wish they never cross me.

^^

Oh , cute wallpaper you have ^^