Friday, December 10, 2010

Nay? No, It's Yayness!

I started off this post feeling really down and disappointed with myself. particularly because i felt like i had screwed up my 2nd interview with the recruiting company this morning. i was feeling so dejected at the thought of having to go through the whole job hunting process again. mass emailing resumes and filling in of application forms are such demoralizing things to do!

I had barely started out on this post when my thoughts got interrupted by a phone call from the recruitment agency. my recruitment consultant who'd been guiding me through from my very first interview, had brought me good news. extremely good news to be exact.

I could barely retain the joy and excitement over the phone. it's so crazy to have to go through such huge emotional changes within a few seconds!!

Not only was i offered the contract, i was also offered an amount higher than what i have been asking for. their remuneration package is pretty attractive, or at least to me! but of course that's not the only reason... i've also been hoping to get some exposure to MNCs so hopefully one day if i do move on to another company, i can be assured that with prior experience it wouldn't be that tough for me to get into another MNC. i've had enough of Singapore's SMEs culture!

But of course, life isn't always rainbows and butterflies. i'll be solely and wholly in charge of the workers' payroll. working with no proper payroll system will definitely be a big challenge for someone who is mathematically challenged and has only handled staffs' payroll with the help of a proper payroll system. not forgetting, the risks of signing a contract. what if i don't like their working culture? what if i'm not up to the job? what if, what ifs...

Before this, i really couldn't decide whether or not this is the right job for me... or whether or not i'll be up to it. i told myself that if i don't get this job, it's a sign that this isn't the one for me and i will be a step closer to a better offer. but if i do get this job, it could be a stepping stone, a learning experience, a sign, something, anything... from the one above.
if it turns out to be a really awful employment, too bad for me, i'll just have to bear with it for a year. my previous employment was a disaster but i had managed to pulled through it for a year, what could be worse, right?

Now, with the career woes all settled, it's time to focus on my last 2 modular exams! sadly, no holidays for me as it's back to the working society straight after my exams. boo...

No comments: